The club was originally formed in 1882.
The Ground was leased from the Egerton Estate and was originally farm land and orchards, part of Hobson Hall Farm. The Club House incorporates parts of the original barn and the farm yard cobbles lie underneath the main lounge.
In 1926 members bought the current Club site.
Some details of the club’s early history are also provided by Tony Goulding on Andre’s Simpson’s Chorlton History Website.